Tuesday, January 13, 2009

She Came Out of the Blue


Inspired by Misty Mawn http://mistymawn.typepad.com/ , thru Milliande on her pagehttp://www.milliande.typepad.com/. on doing one color a day for the week.
Monday was 'blue'

In this one I used crackling paste.
Have you ever seen faces in your paintings before you
actually paint one?
I was playing with blue paint , just mixing on the page
until I saw a shape that reminded me of face.
then saw connection to arms and leg.
Initially she was naked; but decided to cover her
with a dress;-)

Then title 'She Came Out of the Blue 'came to me.
And there she is!
C'mon gals and flex your creative juices..;-)))
Mariette xox

6 comments:

Barb Smith said...

And blue she is...it gives her kind of that other world quality. She's gorgeous! Nice work.
Peace & Love,
~Barb~

Jennifer Williams said...

Very nice! I really like how she's not in a traditional pose.

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Wonderful, I like the way the lighting is at her back.

Anonymous said...

gorgeous, just gorgeous.

Patti Sandham said...

She came "outa the blue", wow you just gotta love it when that happens, especially seeing your wonderful results. Talk about being open to the creative process. :)

Deirdra Doan said...

She is so interesting you just want to dance in the deep blue with her.