Friday, October 16, 2009

Spring Medlody Mixed Media Handmade book



















This handmade book is
5 1/2" x 9 " , and was created by me using the coptic stitch One of a kind.
The image on the cover is from my painting Spring Melody.which I sold recently. I altered the look of the window, which I quite like. Two paper clay lady bugs are resting on two of the panes, and a bird in flight on the top one. The marker part for holding your page in place has 3 big coral beads on twine at the end to carry you thru the vary last page with your treasure thoughs and secrets. There's a mix of blank,lined, and tibetan paper. On the inside of the front cover is a beautiful patterned batik material, and on back cover a glass mirror flower with hemp stem , adding a special touch to the book. These little round mirrors can be found on traditional east indian clothes, and are called 'shishas'. Look in the mirror,and see your beautiful smile;-) Affirmations at random on front cover.

Available at my etsy

No comments: